Now that it’s officially June, we are allowed to spend our days lying next to the pool (well, we can day dream about it from our desks). But just because the weather is sweltering doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t, at the very least, look decent. There will be plenty of camping trips in the future when you can pull off the sweaty unclean look, don’t save it for the supermarket.
So we’re going to run through a few basic necessities for summer that will insure you look fabulous!
1. A great basic tee. This white burnout top from Alternative Apparel is the ideal piece for any wardrobe and this worn/vintagey feel of the shirt will sooth even the roughest of summer sunburns.
2. Stylish sandals. These UGG Cypris Pale Gold Sandals ($130) are great for a night out on the town, running errands, walking along the beach (hand in hand with your honey), whatever the summer brings. Comfortable and stylish, you really can’t go wrong with these.
3. Great maxi dress. Maxi dresses, like this one from Green Dragon (Purple Maxi Dress, $175), are ideal for summer. They are easy to just throw on and in 5 minutes, you’re out the door! With a lightweight material, maxi dresses will help to keep you cool during the humid summer months.
4. Tote bag. Tote bags are definitely a summer essential. You can pack so much stuff into these Scout bags and the fact that they wiped clean will keep them looking fresh, even after being buried in the sand. We carry a whole range of these stylish bags, from cosmetic cases to storage bins. Everyone who has tried them say that these are a definite buy!
What are your must-haves for summer?
Filed under Clothing, UGGS
May is here and you all know what that means – graduation! Odds are, you know of someone graduating from either high school or college, whether it’s a family member, friend, or just a friend of a friend. Yes, you could always give them cash for a graduation gift, but how about y0u spice it up a bit and give them something a little more meaningful to remember you by? Here are just a few ideas for you, we will have more for you tomorrow!
Bentley Drinkware’s line of collegiate cups and pitchers will make a thoughtful gift for any college graduate or even just a fan. Available in a wide variety of schools, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding the one for you. BPA-free and manufactured in the United States, there is a life-time guarantee on all tumblers, so they will stand the test of time moving from dorm to apartment to house!
Move away from the traditional book bags and get your recent grad something a little more stylish to carry her books or laptop in. This Mini Dean-o Scout bag from Bungalow is a great size and with it’s reinforced handles and durable fabric, you won’t have to worry about it ripping at a crucial moment. This bag is water resistant and wipes cleans, perfect for a busy student.
This 57″ long magnetic photo cable from Mishu is a great way to display photos, cards and even important reminders. Perfect for a crowded dorm room or to spruce up a bare apartment, you grad will love to receive this great gift. Putting up pictures will bring back the fun memories of the past and will encourage making memories in the future.
Now that spring is here, we wanted to do a little something special for our friends and fans, so we are giving away a prize pack worth over $90!
What you can win:
(1) The Original Deano Scout bag from Bungalow is perfect to carry to the beach or pool. 19″(W) x15″(H) x10″(D), this tote is water resistant and can easily be wiped clean.
(1) Beach Towel from Bungalow, 35 by 65-inch, machine washable
(1) Eco Chic Cool Canteen – food safe, BPA free, stainless steel
(1) Twist & Pout Tinted Clip Gloss – SPF 20
How to Enter:
Just tweet “RT @denimandlacenc I want to win your spring fling survival pack (valued at over $90)! http://wp.me/pHGwu-5u #dnl” between April 06th at 4pm (EST) and April 09th at 12:01pm (EST). To win, you have to be following us on twitter!
You can enter once per hour, and the winner will be chosen at random on Friday, April 9th at 1:30 pm (EST) and will be contacted through a DM as soon as possible.
Open to US residents only!
You can receive an additional entry by leaving a comment here describing what your spring essentials are. Just make sure to leave your e-mail address and a link to your twitter (if you have one)!