Finally….officially Fall is here!….(sigh). Boot fanatics everywhere are planning how they will wear last year’s favorite pair and this year’s new styles.
Tips for Wearing Ankle Boots
- Choose your heel height wisely. For most of us, flat ankle boots will be a more practical option than their high-heeled counterparts. For fancier occasions, ultra high-heeled platform booties are a stylish, showstopping option.
- Watch the proportions. Because they are so small, ankle boots can look awkward with fuller silhouettes up top (think boyfriend jeans or a full skirt), but are a great option if you’re trying to showcase your legs. Show off those legs by paring ankle boots with leggings, skinny jeans, or short skirts and dresses.
When pairing up with leggings or skinny jeans…most ladies like to keep the top longer and a little looser…like this one from XCVI.
- They also look amazing when worn with tights.
- Notice the rise. Ankle boots can hit at, below, or slightly above your ankle. Though all of these rises can work with pants or leggings, getting the rise-to-leg ratio right with skirts and dresses can be a little confusing. It doesn’t have to be! For the most part, the higher the rise of the boots, the shorter your skirt or dress should be. Boots with a higher rise paired with a longer skirt shortens the look of your legs.
- Update your look with these top shoe trends for fall (stylebakery.com)
- Be Jealous Of Your Own Feet: Fall’s Hottest Flat Black Boots (shefinds.com)