We just got some great (and incredibly soft) denim button-up shirts in from MOTO (Makers of True Originals) the other day, and I wondered how I could pull off the denim on denim trend without looking just… overdone. Case in point: Britney and Justin – below.
This trend has been such a hit on the runways this year, showing up in Ralph Lauren, Stella McCartney, D&G, Chloe and Louis Vuitton’s collections.
Here are a few tips if you are feeling brave enough to attempt this look:
- Think about your wash. Pair a medium-wash top with jeans that are a shade or two darker. Too light/too dark creates a funky look (and not in a good way).
- Accessorize with leather. Leather belts to break it up, leather shoes to add an earthy element.
- Do not attempt to do acid wash denim, tie dye denim or printed denim. That will lead to bad-funky.
Would you ever be brave enough to attempt the denim on denim?
- Have You Tried Double Denim? (beso.com)
- Perfect Outfit: Nail The Denim On Denim Trend (refinery29.com)