Gray is almost more of a blank slate than white is. It’s neutral, calming and is completely adaptable to a wide range of colors and styles. Gray can be dressy, casual or funky – it’s a chameleon. Want to wear gray but unsure of how to pull it off without look blah? Well, keep reading for our tips and hints.
- Pair gray with either white or black for a classic, sophisticated look. Or stick with other shades of gray for a contemporary touch.
- Go for bright accessories. Since you’ve started with such a neutral, you can pair it with colorful shoes, jewelry, belts or scarfs (just made sure you don’t go overboard on the colors – you aren’t a box of crayons).
- When you wear gray, try to go for a gray that a little more on the metallic side. Avoid bluish/dull grays, it’s hard to find a skin tone that it will look good with.
This gray tube dress from Weston Wear is a fast favorite. It would look great with a bright, thick belt around the waist or a chunky necklace. Or you can even pair is with a black sweater and black heels for a grown-up look perfect for any occasion.
Have you entered our #GetYourGrooveOn contest yet?
- Five Super Cute Gray Dresses Under $100 (thebudgetfashionista.com)
- Transitioning to Fall in Style (blogs.smarter.com)